The Tennessee Technology Center at Paris is an equal opportunity institution and offers equal opportunity for employment and admission to all qualified persons without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status. Procedures for filing grievances concerning discrimination of any type are found in the Student Services office.
Any person who is 18 years of age or a high school graduate and has a job objective may apply for admission to the Center. Application forms can be obtained at the Center or you can click here to begin the application process online. Foreign students must present proof of permanent residency in the U.S. It is recommended that the financial aid application process be initiated at the time application for admission is made.
TABE evaluations are required by most programs through the pre-registration process to assist applicants with decisions regarding training objectives and in identifying areas of scholastic achievement which may need improvement.
High school students may be enrolled based on an agreement between the Tennessee Technology Center and the local Boards of Education.
Admission into the Cosmetology program requires each applicant to have completed and passed the 10th grade or scored at least 450 on the GED. A high school/GED transcript must be provided upon application as well as proof of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations. Exemptions may apply. The form at the bottom of the page offers a complete list of exemptions.
Admission into the Practical Nursing program requires that each applicant must:
- Complete a L.P.N. application available at the Tennessee Technology Center
- Attain a score of 80 in reading and 50 in math on the COMPASS test. For more information about the test and sample test questions, please visit the following website: http://www.act.org/compass/student/index.html.
- Submit a high school transcript or G.E.D.
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation
- Write a letter stating why you want to be a nurse
Provide proof of 2 MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccinations AND 2 Varicella (chickenpox) vaccinations. Exemptions may apply. The form at the bottom of the page offers a complete list of exemptions. Also, before your first day of enrollment, you must
show proof of beginning the 3 part series of Hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Attend a group orientation meeting with Allied Health Coordinator
- Submit a health record (physician's exam report) prior to enrollment day and begin the Criminal Background check process.